Thursday, July 9, 2015
Friday, October 24, 2014
Boy.. it's been awhile. I had a fun and very hectic summer. Most of it spent with my grandkids. I did manage to have a little creating fun too. I was also lucky enough to add to my tools dream list
The latest of my finds is this ring stretcher.
Excuse the bench mess. I'm getting ready to pour some resin
I also picked up these interesting shaped vabs.. looking forward to playing with them.
Monday, July 7, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Sunday, November 24, 2013
ArtCharms yahoo group.
Learning from Scratch. I used metal caps, bead snowmen from a necklace and rubber caps. Put some scrapbook paper in the back, punched a hole in the top to create a loop with a head pin and covered the inside edges with snow paint and some glitter. I filled the cavity partially with ice resin after it hardened added some white mica flakes and watch gears. Then added another layer of resin to seal the parts in. Added some ribbon and a curled ornament hook to finish them off.
Thursday, November 7, 2013
I had a one for one apothecary bottle swap. I had this glass bell ornament from Melissa Frances, 1962 Embellishments line and thought how cool this would look. The cat/poison apple statue is a big box item that I had in my stash.
The bats are a La-La Land Crafts die that I absolutely love. I cut the bats from Lucky Squirrel black shrink plastic, prepunched a hole and attached the wire before shrinking.
My vampire blood vile is a old watch parts glass tube I had picked up at an estate sale colored with some alcohol ink.
Fairy fingers are bits and pieces from a plastic skeleton I have cut apart and used here and there. The base is covered with some scrap halloween paper and has some moss scattered around. I hope my swap partner enjoys this as much as I have making it.
My last project was a haunted house page for another swap in my yahoo group.
Monday, September 23, 2013
I started out pulling off Barbies head. I used the face portion of the head and maneuvered them to fit in a bottle cap. I then pounded over the edge to help hold them in place.
I had to use those cute little ears hidden under all that hair. I had these cute little bottles that I thought would make a great vessel to hold the ears.
For my last charm I used Barbies hands. I used a brass cap to cover the end of the hand/arm where I had cut it off and with a little bit of wire wrapping it had a completed look.
Here is my completed project with all the Get Your Creep On charms swapped over at ArtCharms.